Sunday, January 8, 2012

Davecycleman

I've decided to start a discussion about myself and the elements in my life, motorcycle related and not.

In the begining of November, after several months of doctor visits and testing, I was diagnosed with kidney cancer. I had surgery to remove my left kidney a few days after being diagnosed. Unfortunately the cancer had already spread. Not the kind of news anyone would want to hear and certainly not something I would have predicted for myself. I've led a pretty healthy life and didn't think I would be in danger of getting cancer. Obviously you just never know.

I'm not writing this to drum up sympathy or pity. I just know some people have been wondering what's going on with me and I wanted to just quell any rumors. I just want everyone to know my status.

I'd like to use this blog to express my hopes and fears with my health issues and to share some of my motorcycle stories from the past. Please join me on my journey.

Dave

1 comment: